Sara Cantu, PhD, LPC-S, LMFT, CEDS-S, RPT-S
I'm Sara and I’m excited you have found my page. I love working with kids and families to find the best versions of themselves, remove blocks that are keeping them from being their most awesome, and help them to learn to live a life they have always dreamed of.
I've been a therapist for over 10 years and absolutely love what I do. I've worked with children, teenagers, young adults headed off to college, and families learning to work together and enjoy each other.
I work with clients to help them overcome feelings of depression and anxiety, address food and body concerns, solve school and works problems, and learn ways to build strong relationships with the people they love. My clients will begin to see the changes they hoped for as they learn about themselves, learn new skills, and new ways of working together with friends and family.
I use a variety of methods, including play therapy, parent child relationship therapy, mindfulness, mind/body connection, mood management, anxiety reduction, EMDR, empowerment and work/life balance.
I am a Doctor of Philosophy, Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist Supervisor, and Certified Infant Massage Instructor. I am available for clinical supervision of Licensed Professional Counselor Interns as well as play therapists in training and eating disorder specialists in training. During supervision with me, we will address case consultation, ethics and laws and personal growth as a therapist.
I believe that people are always learning and growing. I love to learn new things. This year I am learning Spanish! I am an avid reader and enjoy learning to cook new recipes. I also enjoy swimming, working out, spending time outdoors, and playing with my dogs in my spare time.
Are you ready to change your life? Call and schedule your appointment with me today!
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Studies, University of North Texas, Texas
- Master of Arts in Counselor Education, University of South Florida, Florida
- Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling and Supervision, Oregon State University, Oregon
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor, License #64649, Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors, Texas
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, License #202493, Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapist, Texas
- Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, License #S1539, Association for Play Therapy
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist Supervisor, License #3695, The International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals Foundation, USA
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor, International Loving Touch Foundation, USA
- EMDR trained 2015
- Gottman Level 1 trained 2015
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Play Therapy
- Texas Association for Play Therapy
- International Association for Eating Disorder Professionals